Friday, October 22, 2010






Here is what I have been doing, its been a bit of a crochet-athon around here lately. I have completely lost my knitting mojo, its all crochet crochet crochet. The top picture is the latest one of the granny squares I have done, there have been more since the photo was taken. The original ones had a white strip around the edge and then more black but the more I looked at them the less I liked the white part, so I ended up unpicking it all. I have started doing more multi-coloured ones now too. I am going to make a big blanket.

The bottom pictures are the new granny square I learnt to make at knitting group, wiv the liddle flower, so cute n'est-ce pas?

I used the video function on my iPhone to film my friend showing me how to do a treble. I am so glad I did because I had to refer to it a couple of times when I was flying solo. What a handy little function that is, I will be using that again. I already use Youtube a lot which is also really good.

The only thing I hate about crochet is that the americans and the UK have the same names for different stitches. It does my head in. I am still trying to figure it all out. So you have to learn new stitches but you have to be a bit bilingual as well, and then you have to figure out if its an american pattern or a UK pattern in the first place. Grrrr. Even the crochet-gurus at knitting group have trouble figuring it out sometimes.

I went for my x-rays and more blood tests. I haven't got the results yet, gotta go back in a couple of weeks, that's the first appointment available. When I went for the blood test the lady was asking me about my kids etc. Then at the end of the test she gives me a sticker and goes "this is a bravery sticker" and I said "Oh thanks" and she goes "its not for you, you're a sook, its to take home for your 4 year old".

Oh. Right.

She's right though, I am a sook. I hate needles. I can't look, I get lightheaded afterwards and I whinge the whole way through. I hope that's the end of the blood(y) tests.

No comments: