Gosh, people who have family around them honestly don't know how lucky they are. I wish either Steve or myself had a mother that lived close by, well maybe not me, lol, but I wish I had married someone with a mother close by that we could have babysit our kids sometimes. Even a sister or brother would do! How unlucky can you get that you marry someone who grew up in the area (ish) and their bloody parents have moved far away!!
Its so hard when you have to go to appointments and things, its such a juggling act. Going out anywhere nice is far down the list when you use up your favours on more banal activities like the dentist.
I have a bit of dental work coming up, its going to be very expensive and not much fun, and of course I have to offload Callum so I can go. Steve often takes days off work or I time things so he is already home from work, luckily he starts early and finishes early most days, LUCKILY, that is the most lucky thing about the whole situation. If he worked office hours or had to commute then we would be well and truly stuffed.
Also luckily I have a group of wonderful friends and I am so grateful for them. In particular there are some who are always the first to offer, not empty offers, REAL offers that they go through with, you know who you are, and let me just say I LOVE YOU.
Next year Callum will be old enough to go to the daycare and I can't wait. Just to be able to have some predictability and to be able to time things around days when he is there, even one day a week will be fabulous. I know he will be fine there, he already makes himself at home when we pick up Baden and Baden will be there at the start before he starts big school in February I am going to start Callie there in the christmas holidays.
In the meantime, I might look into family daycare or something one day a week for Callum, even a few hours a week would be very handy to run around and do things. Baden was such an easy baby, I used to take him everywhere, he came with me to the dentist once and he also used to come to the chiropractor, he would sit in his stroller just quietly watching. Callum won't even sit in the damn stroller to start with, lol, he is not the best shopping companion either. He has different good points though, he is very lovable but really really shit at sitting quietly in the pram. You know it's true Callum!!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment