Saturday, December 10, 2011
Finally its the weekend and I can sit down!! I just want to sit and knit and watch the shows I have taped (granny!), but I have other things to do as well. Its nearly Callum's birthday and of course christmas is coming at the speed of light. I haven't done my christmas shopping yet so I might go and do that this afternoon. I have no idea what to buy.
Work is still great. I am back in the funeral industry. I worked in it years ago and always knew I would go back. I thought I would wait till the kids were older but the opportunity came up so I took it. So far its been really good. I know this work isn't for everyone, I don't know why but that's fine, there are plenty of jobs I would never want to do. I find it a great privilege to do this work and everyone likes to feel that there is a point to what they are doing and I definitely feel that way. I loved it the last time I was in it and I am loving it again.
Apart from that, just the usual. I am looking after a little dog this weekend and this morning we went out to garage sales and went a little further afield than we usually do, and I suddenly remembered that I had my phone on silent, and sure enough, the guy had been trying to ring me. He was on his way to the airport, still had the dog with him and was in a bit of a panic because I wasn't home when he came out here and I wasn't answering my phone. I rang him and he turned around. I felt terrible so I said he could have the first night for free. I am pretty annoyed with myself actually, but no use dwelling on it I suppose.
Callum's daycare lady has expressed concern that Callum isn't talking yet. He's nearly two and doesn't really talk. She said we need to encourage him to talk when he wants something he has to ask for it. LOL, gawd. Its nice that she cares about him but seriously, the kid will talk when he is ready, I have already 'been there and done that' with the last kid and now he chatters away non-stop. I have kids who talk on the late side of normal. I do not have late talkers! there is a BIG difference and it kind of shits me that people are so hung up about it. Besides that, he sings at the top of his lungs and I can tell the difference between when he is singing "twinkle twinkle little star" and the Fireman Sam theme song, so what's the problem? He understands everything, he definitely communicates with us in his baby garble, and the odd word does come out anyway. Just not worth stressing about. If you can tell the kid is 'asking' for a drink or whatever, then just give him the damn drink.
Steve and I have been joking that if we don't make him talk then she might not let us have him overnight anymore, ha ha. But nah, she is lovely and she loves Callum to bits so she is just showing that she cares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment